Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Fountain of Youth

The Fountain of Youth
By Coach Jane

Everywhere we look these days there are products and programs to make and keep you looking younger. I totally believe in looking your best, don’t get me wrong but somehow our society has become obsessed with denying our age. There is beauty at every age, what has happened to the beauty within?

Remember what you were like as a kid? You didn’t worry much about how you looked. Life was about having fun and playing with your friends. How did life become so darned serious?

The fountain of youth has been carefully hidden. To recapture the fountain of youth the place to look is inside you! Oh those anti-aging products may help but the true ageless qualities are your energy and the zest for life you have.

How can you get more of this?
Lighten up and stop being so serious
Laugh have a good giggle or belly laugh
Believe you are never too old
Follow your heart’s desire there will never be a better time
Be proud of your laugh lines you put them there
Let go of the worry habit
Forget the stress, stop feeling the pressure to stay 25
Everyday tell yourself how wonderful your are

Trying to look like you are in your twenties is as futile as keeping your kids little. If you are a parent reading this you can relate. My absolute favourite age for my kids was six months. They stayed where I put them and they were just so darned cute with their big gummy smiles. Trying to stay unrealistically young is like trying to keep your kids babies. It is not going to happen!

Embrace your life and be all you can be. True ageless beauty is what we see when we meet someone who is in their seventies or eighties and we feel captivated and invigorated just to be in their presence. With any luck we’ll get there too!!!

Age really is just a number. Every morning when I get up, I look in the mirror and tell myself I get younger everyday. I am happy to be alive and feel so blessed. Life wasn’t always like this but I have made it so and you can too.

In May of this year my oldest daughter and I were Sunshine Girls in the Toronto Sun papers. All things are possible when you stay in the place of possibilities. I know I look younger and more alive now than I did 10 years ago. Next month I will celebrate a big birthday ……….yes I will be turning 50 another milestone. My grandmother only lived to 50 so I will cherish every moment of this gift called life!

To know more about working with a coach, contact Coach Jane at 705.444.5448 email info@awesomecoaching.com or visit www.awesomecoaching.com.
Coach Jane coaches business leaders and individuals to pursue their dreams and live an awesome life.
© Awesome Coaching Enterprises 2007

No comments: